Did you know? The The Haley Reeves Barbour Maritime Training Academy in Pascagoula is dedicated to educating the workforce of the future in advanced manufacturing skills and industry-specific computer skills. This academy is an educational partnership between Huntington Ingalls Industries and Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
Located in the heart of the largest shipbuilding region in the nation, Southeast Mississippi is positioned to advance the metal fabrication industry to the next level.
• Huntington Ingalls Industries is the largest supplier of U.S. Navy surface combatants and the sole builder of aircraft carriers and amphibious assault ships.
• Supporting the Southeastern Automotive Corridor, the region is home to automotive suppliers involved in metal stamping production.
• Southeast Mississippi is home to steel fabricators and metal service centers that manufacture custom parts.
• Community colleges throughout the region offer welding, CNC operation, precision manufacturing and machining technology programs.
• Specialized training programs are available with a focus on enhancing the skills of the area's metal fabrication labor force.
Mississippi's employees are educated, experienced and skilled.Find Out More
Find out how Mississippi can connect your business.Find Out More
Take advantage of Mississippi's robust incentives.Find Out More
Use these interactive maps to find Mississippi resources to help your industry grow.Learn More
Latest news regarding Economic Development in our stateLearn More